advocate's studio, american idiot, art by jema, berries, chocolate, circle, clare dudman, facebook, gentle leader, green day, happy noise, il colore di rosso, keeper of the snails, l.k. winter, polka dots, science fiction, stylish blogger award, such gliding wonders, the dee zone, the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, writing classes, yakshii
Now that Facebook and Twitter have taken over the communication scene on the web, blogs have become less popular. Let’s face it, blogs are hard to keep up and if you only have a short comment to make, Facebook and Twitter are the way to go. The sad thing about the diving popularity of personal blogs is that the blog community has dwindled and there is less back and forth between bloggers. One way bloggers helped drive traffic to each other was through memes or awards.
I haven’t been invited to do a meme in ages, but Dee over at The Dee Zone recently tagged me for a Stylish Blogger Award. Woohoo! The meme traditions lives on. Thanks, Dee!
Now, to the rules of the award:
- Thank the person that awarded you (see above)
- List 7 things about myself
- Pass the award to other stylish bloggers
Seven things about me:
1. I did not put teaching a class on my list of creative goals for the year, but I’ve already taught one class on self-publishing and, if all goes well, I’ll be teaching my first class on writing this summer.
2. I like berries more than I like chocolate.
3. I listened to Green Day’s “American Idiot” album in its entirety this evening after not having listened to it for a couple of years. I was inspired by hearing the song “Holiday” on the radio on my way home from work.
4. When I put the Gentle Leader head collar on my dog, I think of him more as a horse than a dog.
5. The circle is my favorite shape. Polka dots practically make me swoon.
6. I enjoy old-school science fiction, but please don’t ask me to read any more of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. I managed to get through the first book, but just barely.
7. I think my children are smarter now than I was at their age.
Now for passing along the award (a.k.a. tagging other bloggers):
I’m good at bending the rules of memes, particularly when it comes to tagging other bloggers. For example, the original rules said that I needed to tag 15 other bloggers. I don’t follow 15 active personal bloggers at the moment, so I’m going to list those I do follow, all of whom have distinctive voices, which makes them stylish in my book.
Happy meming, y’all!